COVID-19 UPDATE: Expected Easing of Restrictions
On March 27, 2021, the Government issued Government Decree No. 143/2021 (III.27.) on the extension of certain protective measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The applicability of the provisions on the temporary tightening of certain protective measures and the second phase of protective measures have been extended until April 8, 2021.
Simultaneously, mitigating provisions have been established which will be applicable starting from the point that the 2,500,000th (two-million and five hundred thousand) dose of the COVID-19 vaccine has been administered, these provisions are listed in Government Decree No. 144/2021 (III.27.) on the first stage regarding the phasing out of certain protective measures.1
- The curfew will begin later and go into effect every day between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am.
- Provisional protective measures in respect to certain services will be terminated. Venues that have services that require in-person handling will open.
- Stores will be required to close between 9:30 pm and 5:00 am.
- In addition to employees, retail stores will be open and allowed one customer per ten square meters.
- Catering areas and kitchens for the purpose of serving and transporting food for carry-out or takeaway will remain operational. A catering business is not a “store” for the purposes of this provision.
- A store without a shopping area may be open if the operator or manager of the store ensures that the customers waiting in line keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other (does not apply to individuals living in the same household).
- While staying in, transporting from, or waiting in front of a store or other venue which is suitable for the provision of services where personal appearance is required – everyone is required to keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other at all times (does not apply to individuals living in the same household).
As indicated on the offical Government COVID-19 website (www.koronavirus.gov.hu), the number of individuasl who have been vaccined as of March 29, 2021 is 1,920,000.
1 It is currently estimated that this number will be reached on or about April 15, 2021.